Saturday 24 November 2007

Im cold!!!!

British Gas Problems

Over the years I have had many problems with my boiler and British Gas, However, showed up and ruined it with their after care service and punctuality:-

I was hounded to add 3 kitchen appliances to my policy and pay £64.00 in total per month for everything.

When my cooker broke down they found small print and said there was no cover and I had to buy a new one.

I have had engineers who show up to mend a boiler which has already been checked out and when they arrive to fix it they say " what is the problem". Surely information should be passed on from one engineer to another.

I had a leaking boiler and it took 6 months and 4 engineers before the leak was even noticed.

Engineers promise a time to come back and dont show up.

Engineers swap jobs amongst themselves to be closer to their own homes and turn up not knowing what is wrong.

My father who is in his 70's installed his own central heating system and had to point out to engineer what the problem was.

EXAMPLE:-

17th Nov boiler stopped completely

18th engineer arrived ( would come back on 20th between 11-3pm)

19th day three with no heating or hot water

20th called British gas at 11am to clarify appointment in system and all ok

20th called 2pm as no engineer had shown up

20th called at 1515 told job was cancelled as no part and someone from parts would call me in 90 minutes

20th called 1700 as nobody called and told 3 parts were needed, one had arrived and one had not.
This is now day four or no heating or hot water, I now have a cold and a headache. I was told someone would call in next two days but I may have to wait until Friday this will be day 7, my house is becoming cold and damp with no heat.
An email was sent to Watchdog at the BBC and also 2 emails to British Gas which have yet to be responded too.

21st November no one called

22nd November no one called

23rd I contacted British Gas and spoke to a supervisor calle Chris who apologised and said he was working on Saturday 24th and would do some research and call me back personally.

24th November No one called, not even Chris as he promised, the temperature was below freezing last night and house very cold.

25th another cold day, day 9 without heating or hot water.

26th day ten, no heating or hot water

( will update saga)

No comments: