Sunday 28 September 2008

Day three with a sick doggie

I have now slept for two nights downstairs on the sofa, Megan cannot attempt the stairs and hurts when she does.
She is still instable on her legs although has eaten her dinner and still likes the odd treat so nothing wrong with her appetite, however when she did attempt to go through french doors into garden ( small step) her back legs gave way but she picked herself up and carried on.
I hope and pray this is the medication on a high dosage making her drowsy and drunklike.
I will carry on sleeping downstairs on the sofa until i know she is ok to be on her own and not attempt to climb the stairs during the night or jump on bed and injure herself.
We all love our pets dearly and to see them deteriorate is nothing but the most upsetting thing i have ever had to go through in my life.
I think we are less emotional when we are younger as we had a lovely dog called Scamp, a miniature blue merl collie, he was almost 15 when dad drove him to the vets to be put to sleep, mum and me waved from the window but i remained tearless even when dad knew he was not coming home after he told us he was going for an operation.
So here i am now, an emotional wreck, worried about my little girl, wanting to help her get better but not knowing how too, wanting to try and make her walk a little but not knowing if it hurts too much.
I still massage her gently and rub her paws, i get down on the floor and give her lots of cuddles and kisses.
I will keep those of you who are interested in this updated via this blog and hopefully things will improve.
I am not an over religious person but i will admit to saying a prayer to God today for her recovery.

No comments: