Friday 1 May 2020

COMMENTS FROM BA A380

The Business Configuration is an absolute disaster. Worst experience ever. Either you climb or you are being climbed over. Also very little storage is available near the seat. It is dark and unpleasant. When food is delivered and you are sitting in the middle, the divider is opened which is also annoying for the guest in the opposite seat. Also, two toilets for almost 30 passengers is a problem. You can see that the people that designed this configuration and more the ones that approved it, have never used it! Advise: find another airline/plane!



I had 14J and my son had 14K. This plane even though it's a 777 was the same as the 388. no difference. No room. no side tables no storage. small seats. whole seat does not lie down, only seat back. pull ottoman down from seat in front of you. very small. very uncomfortable. FA were wonderful. . But over all very disappointed in plane. I flew last year with American, on a 777 and the difference is astounding@! Lot's of room, complete seat that repositions and lies down. lot's of room, lots of storage. Will not fly BA again if I can help it.



I had seat 52K and my son had 53K upper deck. I had no storage except one little storage compartment. No place to put anything. It was very small. seat was small and I am not a huge person. My son is a fair size man, and he was crammed into a small seat. he at least had a side area next to the window to put things. the seat only laid down with the seat back. the feet were an ottoman from the seat in front of me. very uncomfortable. very small. The service was very good. FA were wonderful very attentive. But for the money I paid and the miles I used for the upgrade, I was very disappointed. I will not fly BA again if I can help it. I did fly back on BA, a 777. And it was the same. same type of plane.no difference.



In my opinion, this might be the best seat in the house. Other than having to pay 200$ to reserve it ahead of time (cash grab) it offers unfettered access to the aisle. Unless the cabin crew is bashing around, its pretty quiet, and ask for an extra pillow for a superb sleep if you're an individual 6'4 or less and aren't wide as a house. In that case opt for the aisle. Super private and amazingly quiet. British Airways have been tinkering with the menus of late and the offerings of steak (hard as a rock)



Flew this plane from LAX to London and back. THIS IS THE MOST MISERABLE PLAND I HAVE FLOWN...EVER! We flew economy and the seats are a cattle car. Cramped, small tray, no leg room and when the passenger in front of you reclines his seat you are trapped. The ask everyone to set seat upright to serve meals as you cannot use tray and eat if the seat in front is reclined. The armrest between seats will only go up 68% so is useless to get out. WE WILL NEVER FLY THIS PLANE AGAIN! AND IF ALL BA PLANES ARE LIKE THIS WILL NEVER FLY BA AGAIN EITHER. Flying is a chore, not a pleasure.



The seat was fine but the openness to the walkway is not great. My wife was in 58A and whomever designed this seating configuration should be fired. The person on the inside has to climb over a total stranger to get out of the seat if the other passenger is in the full recline position.



72G is an aisle seat. Limited space for legs and feet because there is a metal box on the lefthand side of the foot space. This row for some reason had less legroom than all the other rows around us so it was really tight and, when the person in front of me reclined (which they did for about 90% of the BOS-LHR trip) their setback was no more than a foot away from my face. This is a basic world traveller seat. The seats are shoddily constructed of cheap materials and offer very poor support. They reminded me of seats on some small puddle-jumpers. Very uncomfortable trip. 



72G is an aisle seat. Limited space for legs and feet because there is a metal box on the lefthand side of the foot space. This row for some reason had less legroom than all the other rows around us so it was really tight and, when the person in front of me reclined (which they did for about 90% of the BOS-LHR trip) their setback was no more than a foot away from my face. This is a basic world traveller seat. The seats are shoddily constructed of cheap materials and offer very poor support. They reminded me of seats on some small puddle-jumpers. Very uncomfortable trip. The ride of the plane was pretty smooth though.

No comments: