Monday 7 January 2008

Bad start to 2008

After completing a double New York 5 day trip i arrived back at Heathrow to find my luggage was not on the crew bus. On occasions like this 9 times out of 10 the crew luggage label has dropped off or damaged and the loaders treat it like a passenger bag and send it to the teminal building.
I was whisked to Terminal4 and waited by the luggage belt but nothing appeared and after and hour i proceeded to the baggage desk and filled in all the paperwork.
The thing is- crew bags do not get tagged with baggage tags ( traceable) like passenger bags and if my yellow label had fallen off how would anyone know who the bag belonged too?
The worst thing is that my laptop and all my jewelery i received for my 40th from Tiffany's was inside as i had taken it to wear on New years eve as i do rarely wear it and wanted to make the most of New year away from home in a crummy Heathrow airport hotel.
I also had many new items i had bought in New York and also gifts i had received for Christmas. eg electric shaver and new clothes.
I sit now hoping the telephone will ring with good news or the doorbell will ring and my luggage will be there.
I am not interested in compensation as all i want is my case returned safely and all contents in tact.
Please EVERYONE...keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: