Wednesday 24 June 2009

ROBBED

My trip to Cairo was something i was really looking forward too, one meal service , short flight, and a day off, the flight there was so busy and i alone took £1680.00 in duty free, i had also been to the cash point to get the money to pay for the joiner who was to start doing work for me when i got home.
As usual i stayed in when i got there, i sorted out the money and checked it was correct, i placed it in the grey wallet and put it in my crew bag alongside my two wallets, one with foreign currency of dollars and Euros left over from ,my holiday and one with £300.00 in Sterling.!
The next day i slept until lunch time and thought i would wander down to the pool for 30 minutes or so and see who was there, i knew it would be too hot for me so was not into staying long.
I arrived at 1350 and left for my room at 1415 at the latest, i had room service and went to bed, it was not until i was checking out the next morning that when i come to pay my bill i realised my wallets were empty, i immediately searched for the duty free money which had also gone, i almost passed out with shock, i called the in charge crew member and Captain, the hotel manager was summonds and we left for the airport on time, but during the flight i had to fill in the incident form.
Within 25 minutes of leaving my room the previous day someone had stripped me of over £2000.00....i have not really slept properly since and feel sick everytime i see my wallets knowing someone has rummaged through and stolen from them, it is an awful feeling, similar to burglary or even rape!!!

No comments: