Tuesday 12 June 2007

Schooling

Here i am as a naughty schoolboy with my brother i am on the left and if you look carefully you will see all my first teeth came throught with barely any enamel on them so i had a mouthful of black teeth.(better ones now)!! I loved school from about 4-11 and then i went to BIG school as we called it and that's when smoking started and going out after school and not doing revision. Also truancy and basically wanting attention from my friends so got into an array of things. However i am blessed that it was just a phase and i'm as honest as the day is long now. Friendships at school were very fickle. I was from what people thought was a rich family and lived in a new big house which was not council so they assumed we had money. Maybe friendships were built on that assumption no matter how true or untrue it was. Mum also had a shop in the local village selling habidashery and i loved hanging out there and maybe helping her dress the window.Walking from our home to shop was about 10-15 minutes and i had to walk through an area where so called friends lived. If i saw some of them i never knew if i was going to get a welcome or a beating. Depended on their mood i suppose but it did scare me and i was beaten a few times and always running scared. I look back now and wonder if it is the cause of my home solitude which i love now. There is nothing like being safe inside. A friend once said to me that " so many bad things had happened over the years that i am shutting them out of my life and turning into a hermit". Maybe true but i think i know the cause of that which will come in a later blog. But to sum it up....schooling was bitter sweet age 4-11 and just bitter 11-15. I was always told " school is the best days of your life and you will miss it" however it was a great day when it was all over and i was an adult all out in the big world on my own.

No comments: