Monday 19 July 2010

Work

Another flight loomed and i checked in, 11 strangers met in the briefing room for the BA193 to Dallas, 3 hours later on the flight i was to find out that there were only three strikers on the trip and 8 scabs.....it is like throwing deer in a compound with lions for nine hours and ask them to get along, it is not going to happen, we bite our lips, hold our tongues, say nothing in case the intimidation card is dealt. At one point a heated discussion had to be stopped as two strikers were not agreeing with two non strikers and visa versa.
However, i did my job as i am supposed too, passengers were all happy, we operated with the new First Class cabin which is really "sharp".

Flight crew/cabin crew relations were strained, no first class food was offered, they received crew food and deli paper cups, usually china! This was not my doing but the decision of the Psr.

I am now in my hotel room, after yet another cry, i am alone, locked in and safe, i have no one at home to discuss this with, or should i say no one who knows how to make me feel better.

I was asked today by a total stranger that after 25 years do you still love your partner, my honest answer was "yes i do!", my life would be very empty after 25 years with the same person, no one is perfect and he is all but perfect but i love him for who and what he is and nothing else.

Well i will sign off now after another rant and hopefully things will improve in the future, i still love my job but current situations are making the job very difficult, we need this sorting, we need BA back and we all need to return to the jobs we are paid to do and settle back into normality.

This is something i pray for each day!

No comments: