Saturday 3 July 2010

Standby for flights

being on ten days of standby, three days of 2 hr call out and then days of 24 hours it is very difficult to organise your life from silly things like hair appointments and hospital visits.
Day one i started at 1500 until 2300, i had my shower and uniform was all ready to throw on and dash out the door by 1400 but i was not used and had to go through it all again from 1100-1900 the next day, guess what...not used again.
Day three was more complicated it was 0700-1500, now, do i get up at 0600 and have a shower so ready to dash out or do i stay in bed and hope the phone does not ring too early...yep, i got it wrong...0710 ring ring ring ring......" hello it is the standby desk, we have a trip for you, checking in 0950 for Lagos Nigeria" I found myself turning on the shower and shaving at the same time, sorting out my uniform and still using the electric shaver.
This was the trip
FR 02 JUL REPORT AT 0950 LOCAL TIME LON
TRIP LENGTH 3 DAYS
1129 BA075 LHR LOS 1844 74D 1024
SA 03 JUL 2200 BA074 LOS LHR 0425 74D 810
CLEAR TIME (SU 04 JUL) 0610 LOCAL TIME LON
------------------- TOTAL DUTY HOURS 1834

It is good for allowances, the hotel is the Sheraton but not the 5* we are used too in Europe, within ten minutes of being in my room i had four mosquito bites on my left arm.
The flight was 5hrs 50 which in longhaukl terms in=s one of our shortest only beaten by Cairo.
The duty free sales are crazy, i took £1934.00 on my own, a lady in First class spending £939 on high value watches and other goods.
Internet here in my room is £20 per day so really expensive but i am living on packets of raw carrot and cucumber as well as golden vegetable powdered cup-a-soups.
Pleased i did not forget my Diabetes medication otherwise i would have been up that creak without the paddle.
Only two days off when i get home and hope they fill in my roster with a Los Angeles so i can visit my friends.

No comments: