Monday 28 June 2010

RIP Joy Cummins

I would like to say a personal goodbye to my old Caledonian colleague Joy Cummins who passed away last week after a battle with cancer.

I found out today and was deeply shocked, she was around my age, born in Merseyside and such a bundle of fun, she cheered up those nasty night flights and longhaul flights,and although liked a laugh on the aircraft she could be a bit of a loner downroute, i remember her not sunbathing with the crew but sneaking off to some secluded beach so she could be alone.

She was a smoker so hope that was not her downfall.

God Bless you Joy and RIP from your Extended Caledonian family

1 comment:

Tommy said...

I knew Joy Cummins, I was friends with her brother growing up. I then moved to London. I only found out out a few months ago that Joy had passed away. Such a wonderful lady - and we got on so well.

Tommy