Tuesday 3 January 2012

2011

Just like a damaged painting can be restored, or stained shirt can be cleaned – we often describe ourselves as 'broken' after going through something that can psychologically and emotionally drain us. Human damage often comes from loss. Whether you lose a loved one, a job, your patience, health, energy or even your way - there is always a route to finding it again and we're never too far from fixable.

The beginning of a new year is the perfect time for sketching out plans to address your own cracks and scratches, and work out how to fix them. After all - 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'.

I had an interesting 2011. At the time, everything was moving too quickly to step back and see what was going on; in hindsight it was a year about growing, learning and making decisions. Unfortunately, not all of this was done the easy way, which has left a few creases that need ironing out and fixing for the future.

What I think is important is to know your damage and understand the best way to fix it. If deep, deep down you don’t actually want a gladiator body by the end of the year, then is there much point trying to get one? If it isn't what you're really looking for, you probably won't achieve it, and even if you do it's unlikely you'll feel fulfilled.

If your favourite jumper has a hole in it , hiding the damage under a scarf or coat collarwill not fix it. If you want to fix the jumper, you find the hole and deal with it. Simple. As a result of many things – most good, one bad – all I feel like I’ve lost is my feet. And a temporary halt to my progress!

My antidote to find my feet is to just keep looking, learning and listening - and to not let them leave the ground.

What do you need to fix, this year?; and how are you going to do it?!!

I'm totally unsure how i will fix my life but i damn well will, with or without help!!!

No comments: