Tuesday 31 January 2012

Day one eurodisney

Apart from the temperature being about -6 it's a strange place to be in the cold here in Paris when I am used to sunshine in either Florida or California. Don't really know anyone here as yet as most arriving tomorrow. Last time I travelled Eurostar it was first class and direct , this time it was economy with a change in Lille of 26 minutes, but as the train was 13 minutes late leaving St. Pancras it did not seem so bad.
The hotel is what you would expect, rammed with kids who be never seem to go to bed, the selfish parents would rather see them fall asleep on bar furniture than take them to bed, allows them another beer... Selfish!!!!
The rooms are decorated in a "lodge" style, well it is called the Sequoia lodge hotel, I have to twin beds, flat screen tv with more Disney channels than you can imagine and the rest French, German and Italian with the odd CNN and bbc world news thrown in for good measure.
I went for a stroll to the Disney village but every restaurant had queues outside and when I looked inside Mickey, Minnie or some other character from my past was wandering about with the photographer, not ideal for billy no mates on a table for one so I scuffled back to my hotel room and found a bag of mixed nuts and Tesco cheese and onion crisps in the bottom of my bag and yet again enjoyed, NOT, another Disney channel kids programme.

No comments: