Wednesday 5 January 2011

Shopping

Newcastle people have a weird usage of the word "there", currently sitting in Starbucks listening to the lady behind the counter:- " are you alright there" " put your 4 digit pin in "there". " "Can i get you something there" "is that everything there" "can you sign on the line there" And the only one that made grammatical sense was " the toilets ate over there" Don't get me wrong I'm not slagging off the geordies as im one myself, just interesting observations. I wish they catered for diabetics here as I would have loved a sugar free muffin but I guess it's off to Boots the chemist to browse their diabetic range which should really be on the laxative counter. I also notice mother and daughter combos on shopping trips and obviously had telephone conversations the night before on " what you wearing" it seems up here everything had a dress code, when a daughter says she is just wearing jeans the mothers, or the ones who can dress identical but I can never call jeans on a 60's + woman jeans as they have the added elastic and weird fit. Well, after three coffee stops and numerous shopping bags I'm home, I wish my size was small or extra small as that seems to be the trend on the sake racks! Long drive south tomorrow, very sad as I live it up here!

No comments: