Tuesday 30 October 2007

The Chiropractor

I turned up for my appointment 45 minutes early as absoulutely hate being late for anything,he had two other clients to see before me so after filling in pages of forms and flicking through a couple of "Hello" magazines and the daily paper i was called into his room.
The room was rectangle in shape with an electronic bed which looked like something from a torture chamber with metal feet plates and arm holds.
I was asked a few questions then i was examined in only my underwear which i found embarrassing,( i had showered and changed as i was always advised to do by mum,)
He examined my back thoroughly and reflexes with the hammer on my ankles and kneecaps. I was diagnosed with disc problems and the fact i had long back and short legs put pressure on my lower back anyway.
There was also something about small hairs on my lower back whic apparently told him something else that may be going on which i have forgotten.
I was told to make another appointment for Thursday and go home putting a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a tea towel on my back for 20 minutes then 10 minutes without it then back on again,but surely the peas would start to defrost!!!!
I did feel better afterwards however the most painful and noisy treatment he performed was laying me on my side, one leg straight, one leg over other leg knee bent and he snapped my back making a noise that made me laugh, maybe that was fear, he did the same on the other side and i laughed again.
His name was Neil and obviously very good at his job.
I have to remain from work for a minimum of a week and see how i feel from then on. I have kept all the receipts just in case anything comes in the form of compensation from my employer.

No comments: