Tuesday 9 October 2007

Gone Forever


The telephone has been ringing on and off today and my heart skipped a beat every time. It was at 1800 this evening my mum called to deliver the news that my Aunty Bell had slipped away in her sleep after almost a week of being unconcious and without food or water and on very strong medication. He is obviously very upset and i took a late walk with the dog just to be on my own and deal with it in my own time.
She was not only my aunt but my godmother, she was also a second mother to my father who spent the school holidays living with her as his friends lived closer to her than they did to his parents. He slept downstairs on two armchairs pushed together. He now only has one living sister left and she is not really very well and it will be a downward slide for her now as her two sisters are dead.

No comments: