Saturday 18 September 2010

Saturday nights

I loathe these nights, getting cold and dark now, autumn in here and winter is just around the corner, currently watching "Dreamgirls" and love the music, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4kpHd0K0lg
 so expressive and the type that has you lifting out of your seat with your hairs standing up on your arm, my favourite is "I am Changing" so so good and makes me cry. I was also forced to watch a Lassie movie this afternoon which dehydrated me with crying so much, poor little Lassie, always in trouble, lame, ill....hate to watch it.

When i was young Saturday nights were a highlight, a chance to escape the daily 9-5 routine, an excuse to get out of the house and live a life, wow how things change, i am sometimes bathed and ready for bed at 4pm, curtains drawn, heating on and the tv guide highlighted with what i will be watching.

When i did my first ever flight which was a promotional flight to Edinburgh and Glasgow in 1988 i loved every minute of my job, i was not governed by salary or future, i live for the moment, i had many friends, i did mostly there and backs for almost a year before  we started to do layover flights, then the party began, seven nights in Mombassa, a week in Toronto an 11day Los Angeles trip flying back into Manchester, we did 7 days based in Manchester doing there and backs out of Manchester and based in a hotel in the city centre, we could do 12 hour plus duty days and i would still find time to go out until the small hours afterwards, now it would be slippers and horlicks and a hot bath!


I am also going to be all on my own this week Tuesday-Friday and mum hates this incase i go into a Diabetic coma or something she will have read about what could happen to me in the Doctors book which is like her bible! I always find if you read up on something you end up having all the symptoms of every disease in there.




No comments: