Saturday 23 February 2008

My cousins trip to London

They eventually arrived and i drove them to my house arriving about 10pm, we were all tired and had a long day ahead of us the following day so after a good natter and a cup of tea we all went to bed.
We were up at 8am the next morning (21st Feb) and caught the train into London Waterloo at 0930, we picked up the tickets for the London Eye and had a great time on it, it is an enormous structure, far bigger than you think and really high.
From there we tooka boat ride down the Thames as far as the Millenium Dome ( now the O2) and back to Embankment, we walked to Covent Garden and had lunch and a browse then we walked to Regent Street, Oxford Street, Hyde Park, and then ended up at Harrods, we took a taxi from Harrods back to Waterloo station as our legs and feet were aching and we were home by 6pm.
The following day we went to Kingston-Upon-Thames which is a lovely quaint shopping town, very up market but affordable and on the river too, we had coffee/hot chocolate down by the river before Joan ( the shopaholic) browsed every shop in the town.
We were home by 3pm and the next day (23rd..My Birthday) we had breakfast and i opened my presents and cards then i drove them to the airport at 130pm for their
405pm flight to Newcastle, it took off 40 minutes late but made up time so they landed at 1728 instead of 1710.
I do hope they come back as it is nice to eventually get to know my cousins and family a little better after many years of just acknowledging their existence and taking for granted that they were "there".
The loss of family members in the past has made me realise how short life is and how precious people are.
I have lost my brother and his family so have to gain love and laughs from other sources and forget they exist.
I don't think i have despised anyone like my brother and his wife and "one" nephew, the other one is a lost soul anyway and would not know what was going on, they have all been poisoned from me by the evil mother who rules the roost, calls the shots, wears the trousers and decides who speaks to me and who doesn't.
I hope in years to come they come down to earth with a huge bang and eat dirt!!!








No comments: