Saturday 15 March 2008

LETTER I SENT TO ITV LONDON NEWS AND MP.







Tesco abandoned trolleys.

Living near a superstore has it benefits however the downside is the amount of abandoned trolleys found on the streets. I myself have received damage to my car as children ride the trolleys on their way home from the local school.

I have called Tesco HQ almost on a daily basis and they promise to send staff to collect the trolleys but we wait days until they show up then it all starts again. I tried to claim for the damage to my car but Tescos say they are not liable.

My local MP Stephen Hammond (Conservative for Wimbledon) has telephoned the head office for Tesco's personally and was told the trolleys would be collected but they were not, he promises to speak to the manager of Tescos on his next visit to the store.

These large stores are causing our residential areas to become dumping grounds for abandoned trolleys and something must be done to stop this, surely the amount of profit Tesco make woudl stretch to erecting some sort of boundary fence to stop the trolleys leaving the premises. The other exit is onto the busy A3 so usually not a problem on that side of the store, its the back exit which they have the problem with and the local residents of surrounding areas are pretty fed up with it.

I have attached personal photographs which i took while walking my dog today.

Gary Marshall-Gleghorn


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, good site very much appreciatted