Monday 17 March 2008

Terminal 5

I was so looking forward to operating the Hong Kong into Terminal 5 on 27th March,but just as i thought BA put a spanner in the works by rostering me my 10 day standby block which mad my Hong Kong trip flexible and i have not been rostered changed and operate a Sao Paulo on 22nd-27th instead of Hong Kong 23rd-27th as i had a day of 24 hour availability on the 22nd so they filled it.
I think that is so cruel. I wanted to so much motivate myself into doing something special, i so wanted my parents to be proud of me as i fail to make them proud in other ways eg promotion etc, i am now 44 years old, been flying for 20 years in this job and still have not been promoted any further than my first class training.
If i could find another job i would be gone in a shot, it's a bitchy,selfish, me me me environment which is hate, it is also very lonely, take for instance right this second, i am in my room in Bombay ( Mumbai) i arrived here local time at 215am, i stayed awake until 7am slept until 645pm and it is now 9pm and i have not spoke to anyone or even left my room, the most activity i have done is iron my shirt for work, we leave hotel for flight home at 125am ( 4hr30mins from now)the flight time will be about 10 hours and i will be bored as everyone will be asleep.
i have one full day to sort myself out then driving to Dipton with Ged and Megan, Ged has 10 days off over Easter so nice he can see his family instead of sitting in the house in the south, I will be flying to London on Saturday for Sao Paulo, flying back on 27th and driving home on 29th back to London so i will have a pretty tiring couple of weeks.
Ah well, it is the life i choose so i should learn to get on with it, ps The movie Poseidon has just started on Indian tv.



No comments: