Wednesday 5 March 2008

Tesco Abandoned Trollies

Over the last year i have seen the amount of abandoned Tesco supermarket trolleys increase, i see up to 8-10 per day abandoned in various roads around my area.
I contacted my local MP who personally wrote to the local store manager who sent a standard reply stating they know there is a problem and if i call the number stated and report it someone will come and pick them up.
However this is a nightmare as first of all you have to wait until the automated woman has talked you through six options, then they ask for your name, address, telephone number, postcode and then the enquiry, doing this every day is a chore in itself.
It all came to a head when a group of school children decided to use one trolley to ride up the street in and hit my car, i went to the store and lodged a complaint and was told i needed to bring the car before any paperwork could be filled in, i did this a few weeks later as had been away from work and she was not interested in seeing the car and just filled in the complaint via the cash register computer, ( great consistency)!!!
I then received a bog standard letter stating that there are signs in car park and damage is not personally done by "tescos" and cars are parked at owners own risk, i was livid so called back and spoke to a Lesley mc Crae and she was like a robot, all talk and no ears!!! I explained the information she had received was incorrect and basically she said if people take trolleys out it is their responsibility to pay for my repairs on my car, i stated that if they stopped the trolleys from ever leaving there would not be a problem, i have taken some photographs and have written to my MP again as i have £200 worth of damage to my car.
I spend thousands of pounds every year in that store and if i had another close option i would go elsewhere as i am so angry.


No comments: