Wednesday 8 December 2010

The Pet Cemetery

We went today to look about and settle the bill for the cremation, we had never been there before so I headed for the only open door I could see thinking it would be the main office. As I walked in I saw a wooden church style bench on left a remembrance book on the right and an altar at the back with flowers each side and a wooden cross on the wall , it looked like a large dog bed but as I got closer I realised it was our lovely Megan lying there under a blanket, I became hysterical and ran put, Ged went in with the man who ran the place and I followed , he pealed back the blanket to reveal my girl lying so peaceful, so serene, she had not slept in days as lying down restricted her breathing so could only sit up, I had lived on the sofa for a week not sleeping myself and massaging her back and throat when she got into difficulty. Seeing her sleeping with no pain was a blessing and helped slightly , it has not stopped us crying and mourning , we loved her and always will. The cremation is at 0800 in the morning (9th december) I have set the alarm for 0745, we will get up and light a candle and have a quiet moment and pay our final respects before picking up her ashes then heading to my aunts funeral, awful timing but one thing she did to let me know she was still around was to die at 1223, he birthday was 12th mine is 23rd. God bless Megan RIP we love you Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: