Saturday 13 November 2010

Voluntary work

As I will have some time on my hands I thought I would apply to Hospital radio around various hospitals in this area. The thought of bringing joy to faces of people who are suffering, visiting wards and taking dedications from patients is right up my street. I get a great deal of joy from work like this , it makes me feel better within myself and give something back to the community.
It is similar to when I did voluntary work for the Terrence Higgins Trust and buddied people with HIV and Aids, I found this a little traumatic as when you get to know someone well and become friends, then they die and you are allocated another person it did get a little much for me, however it made me a person who used to be able to deal with all kinds of little dramas as mine always seemed so trivial.
I gain my current faltering strength from great parents, a partner who tries to brighten up a dull day in his own special way and the fact I am not in Afghanistan, I do not have an illness which will kill me, yet, and I am safe.
Being unable to cooperate to clear up a misunderstanding recently was heartbreaking to me, friends who I nay have hurt are still truly in my heart no matter what happened earlier this year and I am sure once this is all over I would like to give them the opportunity to step back into my life and re-embrace the friendship we once had before all the crap happened at work. We all need to consider others decisions and realise we all made these decisions for a reason, I just wish I did not have diabetes then I would still have these people in my life.

No comments: